Top Growth Opportunities: Bakery & Cereals in Kuwait, 2019
Top Growth Opportunities for Bakery & Cereals in Kuwait provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Bakery & Cereals producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Bakery & Cereals markets in Kuwait through GlobalData’s detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
GlobalData’s Top Growth Opportunity reports use a risk versus reward opportunity model to identify the best growth markets for Bakery & Cereals producers. Through this in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them.
Among the top 10 high-potential countries, the Kuwaiti bakery & cereals sector ranked ninth on the GlobalData Opportunity Score and was valued at US$626.3 million in 2018. Supported by solid GDP growth of 2.0% in 2018 and continued positive macroeconomic performance, the Kuwaiti bakery & cereals sector is poised to witness value growth at a CAGR of 6.5% over 2018-2023. Furthermore, consumer confidence and expenditure has been maintained despite the continuing trade war with the US. To counter the effects of this trade war, the Kuwaiti Government has introduced new tax cuts for businesses, greater infrastructure spending, and looser monetary policy.
Get access to -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Kuwaiti market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why
- A study of market value and volumes over 2013-2018 for the Kuwaiti, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2018-2023 period
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs
- The New Kuwaiti 2035 project is set to regenerate the Kuwaiti economy, and open the country up to new disruptive technologies such as blockchain, IoT, automation, AI and robotics. These will translate into the bakery & cereals sector as manufacturers undertake these new technologies to improve processes and performance
- The Kuwaiti bakery & cereals sector registered strong value growth of 5.5% CAGR in US$ terms during 2013-2018, but grew even stronger in local currency terms at 7%.
- Food & drinks specialists charge a premium price for their often-imported goods and, with this channel accounting for almost half of bakery and cereal products’ value share.
Reasons to buy
-This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of the Kuwaiti Bakery & Cereals consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.