Marriott International - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Marriott International Inc (Marriott) is a hospitality service provider that operates hotels and restaurants. It operates, franchises and licenses hotels, residential and timeshare properties under several luxury, premium and select brand names. Its brands include the Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, St. Regis, Westin, Renaissance, Marriott Hotels, Le Meridien, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Delta Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Design Hotels, Courtyard, and SpringHill Suites. Marriott offers accommodation, hotel reservations, timeshare vacations, flight and hotel packages, and car rentals services. It also operates loyalty programs, including Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Marriott Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest. The company’s operations span North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Caribbean, and Latin America.
In October 2016, Marriott International introduced its first Hotel Innovation incubator, M Beta at Charlotte Marriott City Center, as a part of its strategy to transform the traditional hotel experience.
In 2016, Marriott Hotels launched the Marriott TestBED startup accelerator program in the European region, aimed at providing training, mentoring, and access to TedX events and speaker coaches to startups through the hotel’s partnership with the organization, and creating future guest experiences.
The report provides information and insights into Marriott's tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and investments
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Marriott International is focused on growing its engagement levels with guests by interacting with them through a variety of channels, including mobile app, digital guest services, contactless check-in and check-out, chat, service requests, mobile key, and more.
- Marriott has integrated social media approach into its omnichannel marketing strategy to enable a focused customer engagement via social media platforms. The company has launched a real-time marketing command center “M Live studios” to track the social media pulse of guests by following hashtags and geofence.
- Marriott is using predictive analytics to identify and attract the most profitable customers and service areas, by analyzing huge volumes of customer data like spending patterns, travel type and frequency, traveling locations.
- Marriott has been developing a smart hotel room prototype equipped with connected solutions including mobile and voice optimized controls and personalized presets that can respond to customer preferences, thus bringing an integrated experience.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Marriott's tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies.