Female Infertility: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028
Female infertility (FI) is a complex disorder defined as the inability to conceive after at least one year of timed, unprotected intercourse. The etiology of the condition spans a wide range of disorders that can be broadly classified into the following categories: diminished ovarian reserve & ovulation disorders, endometriosis, fallopian tube abnormalities, uterine factors and unexplained infertility. Several factors may be considered before a treatment decision is made, including treatment effectiveness (live birth rate), treatment burden (such as number of required injections and monitoring appointments), safety (such as risk of multiple gestation or ovarian hyperstimulation), and cost of therapy. Overall, the most common treatments include ovulation induction drugs and/or advanced techniques, referred to as Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), such as in vitro fertilization (IVF).
The greatest drivers of growth in the global FI market are a growing number of women are postponing pregnancy until later in life and at a reproductively older age when fertility has generally decreased and the launch of nolasiban in the US and 5EU, the first major innovation in this indication in many years.
The main barriers to growth in the female infertility market include the sparse pipeline for new female infertility treatments, and the limited number of innovative drugs under development.
Among the late-stage pipeline products, the launch of nolasiban early in the forecast period will add significant growth to sales by 2028.
The most important unmet needs in FI include further improving IVF success rates, orally and less frequently administered drugs involved in IVF, additional treatment options for reproductively older infertile women and young women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), development of novel non-surgical treatment options for the management of uterine fibroid-related infertility and reducing high IVF treatment patient dropout rates.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Despite progress made in the management of female infertility since the introduction of ART and other improvements in treating patients, KOLs thought challenges associated with treatment remain, throughout the 7MM.
- Which unmet needs are the most pressing in the 7MM?
- Where should pharmaceutical companies focus drug development efforts in order to become a significant player in the space?
GlobalData expects that pipeline development of nolasiban will contribute significantly to the growth of the FI market going forward.
- How much is nolasiban expected to generate over the forecast period?
- What other assets are under development and how do KOLs see them competing against current treatment options?
- Although female infertility is a prevalent condition, it remains a niche indication on the industry level.
- Which have been historically the companies leading the way?
- What new companies are emerging in the space?
- Overview of Female Infertility including epidemiology, etiology and current treatment options, namely ovulation induction and ART
- Topline Female Infertility market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting Female Infertility therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Female Infertility therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Female Infertility therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Female Infertility market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global Female Infertility therapeutics market from 2018-2028.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Get latest Market Research Reports on Female Infertility: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028. Industry analysis & Market Report on Female Infertility: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028 is a syndicated market report, published as Female Infertility: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028. It is complete Research Study and Industry Analysis of Female Infertility: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028 market, to understand, Market Demand, Growth, trends analysis and Factor Influencing market.