The Singaporean confectionery sector is led by the chocolate category in both value and volume terms while gum category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of confectionery products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material followed by paper & board in 2018. The health & wellness market is led by the sugar confectionery category in the Singaporean confectionery sector. ‘Mondelez International, Inc’, Ferrero and ‘Mars, Incorporated’ are the leading players in the Singaporean confectionery sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the confectionery sector in Singapore provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for chocolate, gum, and sugar confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board and others; pack type data for: bag/sachet, film, carton - folding, wrapper, blister pack, tub, tray, foil and others.
- The per capita consumption of confectionery was higher in Singapore compared to the regional level in 2018
- Sugar confectionery is the largest category in the Singaporean confectionery sector
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Singaporean confectionery sector
- Mondelez International, Inc is the leading company in the Singaporean confectionery sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Singaporean confectionery sector
- Older Young Adults account for the leading share in the consumption of Confectionery in Singapore
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.