Quarterly Mining Industry M&A Review - Q3 2019
GlobalData's “Quarterly Mining Industry M&A Review - Q3 2019” report is an essential source of data and trend analysis on mergers and acquisitions, including asset transaction deals, relevant to mining industry. The report provides detailed comparative quarterly data, on the number of deals and their value, split by deal type, region, country and commodity.
After significant activity in Q2 2019, which included the US$10bn merger of Newmont and Goldcorp, the overall deal value decreased to US$8.8bn in Q3 2019, versus US$17.8bn in the previous quarter. The largest deal was the purchase of selected steelmaking assets, owned by ArcelorMittal, by Liberty House Group for US$1.7bn. Among the other major completed deals of Q3 was the purchase of a 70% stake by Newcrest Mining in Red Chris copper and gold asset from Imperial Metals for US$804mn and Lundin Mining’s acquisition of a 100% stake in Mineracao Maraca Industria e Comercio for US$800mn. Shanxi Jinmei’s planned acquisition of a 7.33% stake in Shanxi Meijin Energy from Meijin Energy Group was the largest announced deal in the quarter
- Coverage of all types of M&A deals - mergers, asset transactions and acquisitions
- Geographic coverage includes the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
Reasons to buy
- Analyse M&A deals in the mining industry by region, country and commodity
- Review the major deals that took place in each region and country and their status and type
- Compare developments in each region, with complete geographic coverage across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East and Africa.