OTT Video Content, Pricing, and Market Opportunity in the Americas - 2019
The OTT video market in the Americas is very heterogeneous: North America is the largest and most mature market worldwide, with the US accounting for an estimated 71.4% of the total SVoD subscriptions in the Americas at year-end 2019, while Latin America accounts for the remaining 28.6%. There is also a great range of industry OTT video players operating at the global and regional levels, including Internet aggregators, broadcasters and content production companies and local telco/pay-TV players.
OTT Video Content, Pricing and Market Opportunity in the Americas - 2019’ a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData offers a thorough study of the over-the-top (OTT) SVoD video market in the Americas region. The report analyzes different OTT video content, pricing, and partnership strategies and provides context around broadband and pay-TV
service evolution as well as a SVoD subscription forecast. The report consists of following sections -
- OTT Video Content & Pricing Strategies: This section provides a general overview of the types of players in the Americas OTT video market as well as the various content, pricing and partnership strategies that are employed in the region.
- SVoD Forecast: This section first examines pay-TV and broadband trends in the Americas and worldwide to provide context and then provides a forecast of the Americas SVoD subscriptions through 2023.
- Key findings and recommendations: It consists of a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators, OTT players, and regulators.
- North America is the largest and most mature SVoD market worldwide, with the US accounting for an estimated 71.4% of the total subscriptions in the Americas at year-end 2019, with Latin America accounting for the remaining 28.6% at the end of the same period.
- Most pure OTT video platforms in the Americas offer a subscription-based business model (SVoD), giving clients access to a set video library and, in some cases, also the possibility to access additional premium titles and live content for an additional fee (e.g., Amazon Prime Video).
- OTT service providers are increasing their content budgets to build attractive content offerings tailored for the markets where they operate.
- As premium OTT platforms gain relevance and content producers start to lock out content on their proprietary platforms, partnerships between telco and pay-TV service providers with premium SVoD platforms are becoming a mainstream industry trend.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) SVoD video market in the Americas.
- The report investigates OTT video market content and pricing trends, comparing and contrasting the product portfolio and pricing strategy of key players in the region.
- The report discusses the state of the SVoD market, and the current trends surrounding OTT partnerships
- The report provides a region level forecast for the Americas SVoD subscription market over 2018-2023.