Nickel Mining in the Philippines to 2023
GlobalData's "Nickel Mining in the Philippines to 2023" comprehensively covers the Philippines reserves of nickel, historic and forecast trends in the country's nickel production and the key active, exploration and development nickel mines and projects. The report also analyses factors affecting the country’s demand for nickel, profiles the major nickel producers and details the country's mining regulatory regime.
The Philippines is the world's second-largest producer of nickel, behind Indonesia, and accounted for nearly 16% of global production in 2018. The Philippines’ nickel industry has struggled since 2016 when a series of regulatory measures were implemented across several operating mines, leading to a 28.5% annual fall in production. However, there is now cause of optimism with the Indonesian government announcing in September 2019 the intention to bring forward the ban on nickel exports from 2022 to January 2020, paving the way for higher exports of nickel from the Philippines to China.
Looking forward, nickel production in the Philippines is expected to expand by 3% to 355kt in 2019 and then rise to 381.4kt by 2023. This will be supported by the commencement of the Acoje and Mindoro projects which have a combined nickel production capacity of 38kt and are expected to start operations in 2021 and 2023 respectively.
- The report analyses the Philippines' nickel mining industries, with details of reserves, production trends and forecasts, the competitive landscape and a listing of the major active, exploration and development projects.
Reasons to buy
- To gain an understanding of the Philippines nickel mining industry, relevant driving factors
- To understand historical and forecast trend on country's nickel production and exports
- To gain an overview of the Philippines' mining fiscal regime
- To find out the Philippines' mining governing bodies, laws, rights and obligations and major taxes applicable in the country