New Zealand Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
New Zealand: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in New Zealand today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
New Zealand’s telecom service revenue will increase from $3.6 billion in 2019 to $3.7 billion by 2024-end. Mobile data and fixed broadband will be the key segments driving growth in the overall telecom market over the next five years.
Mobile data will be the fastest growing segment, supported by steady growth in smartphone subscriptions, driven by rising mobile Internet subscriptions and growing M2M connections. Going forward, the government’s Rural Broadband Initiative and Ultra Fast Broadband project will create new opportunities in fixed broadband segment.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in New Zealand.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- New Zealand’s telecom service revenue will increase from $3.6 billion in 2019 to $3.7 billion by 2024-end, at a CAGR of 0.5% over 2019-2024.
- Mobile data revenues will increase at the fastest CAGR of 7.9% over 2019-2024 to reach $959.2 million by 2024.
- 4G subscriptions will grow at a CAGR 5.8% over 2019-2024, led by continued 4G/LTE network expansion from the major operators. We expect 5G’s share to reach 10.9% by year-end 2024.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of New Zealand’s telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in New Zealand’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in New Zealand’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in New Zealand.