Netherlands Prepared Meals
The Dutch prepared meals sector is led by the ‘ready meals’ category in both value and volume terms. However, the ‘pizza’ category is expected to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets are the leading channel for the distribution of prepared meals products in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector. Dr. August Oetker Kg, Nestle SA and Unilever are the leading players in the Dutch prepared meals sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in the Netherlands provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The Dutch prepared meals sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.8% by value and 0.9% by volume during 2018-2023.
- ‘Ready meals’ is the largest category in both value and volume terms in the sector. The pizza category is forecast to grow the fastest in value terms during 2018-2023.
- ‘Hypermarkets & supermarkets ’ is the largest distribution channel.
- Dr. August Oetker Kg, Nestle SA and Unilever are the top three companies in the Dutch prepared meals sector.
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material with volume share of 52.6% , followed by flexible packaging and rigid metal.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.