Japan Cigarettes, 2019
Cigarettes in Japan, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Japan cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2029.
Whilst Japan has one of the largest cigarette markets in the world, it has been in a steady decline over the last 20 ears. The overall smoking population, whilst relatively high by global standards, is substantially down at 17.9% in 2018. This is from 36.7% in 1990. JTI (Japan Tobacco International) maintains a legal monopoly over the Japanese cigarettes market and remains the dominant supplier.
- Japan Tobacco International retains a legal monopoly over production of cigarettes in Japan.
- Cigarette consumption in Japan has dropped a further 8.5% in 2019 to 121,400 million pieces
- JTI is the largest company with a 62% market share in 2019. PMI is second at 18.8% and BAT at 17%.
- The Japanese government has taken proactive steps to reduce smoking, such as banning outdoor public smoking.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.