Automation, IoT, and digitalization are rapidly changing enterprise operations and building operations have not made an exception either. Today, smart devices control building management activities including temperature control, access control, lighting control, communication, and safety systems in many enterprises. At the same time, such converged IT/OT environment has made enterprises more vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
With diverse protocols, hardware, and software systems, the OT devices controlling building operations provide a heterogeneous environment. Coupled with IT devices and a common network connection, the attack surface expands, providing a thriving ground for cyber adversaries to play on. The study on “IT/OT Security Convergence for Building Technologies” explores the impact of such IT/OT convergence in smart buildings on the cyber posture of an enterprise. The study provides detailed insights on key market trends, risk posture, market dynamics, and vendor dynamics in this market.
Key Research Highlights IT/OT security market for smart buildings is in its early growth stage, contributing to a small percentage of Industrial Cybersecurity Systems (ICS) security vendors. Growing frequency of cyber-attacks exploiting gaps in building OT devices is driving remarkable increase in adoption of IT/OT security among enterprises. However, security budget constraint continues to be a significant challenge for growth. Verticals such as healthcare, hospitality, finance, and data centers promise high growth opportunities for vendors in this market owing to the high cost of impact of cyber-attacks in these verticals.
Technological capabilities, scalability, and interoperability are key factors of differentiation among vendors operating in the IT/OT security market.
Research Scope Geographical Analysis
• Europe, Middle East, and Africa
• Asia Pacific
• North America and Latin America Market Forecasts
Total IT/OT Security Market, Forecast to 2022
• IT/OT Security Market by Business Size, Forecast to 2022
• IT/OT Security Market by Region, Forecast to 2022
IT/OT Security Market by Verticals, Forecast to 2022 The base year for the study is 2018 and the forecast period 2019 - 2022.
• Market Dynamics
• Market Trends
• IT/OT Security Risk Matrix across Verticals and Regions
• Competitor Analysis and Key Vendor Profiles
• Insights for CISOs
Growth Opportunities Key Questions this study will answer
• What is IT/OT security convergence for building technologies?
• What are the products / concepts available in the market today?
Who are the vendors offering operating in this market?
• What is the current addressable market size?
How is it expected to change over the forecast period?
What are the factors influencing market growth rates?
• What are the market dynamics?
What are the pricing trends, deployment models, and distribution channels prevalent in this market?
• How do market dynamics differ across regions and across verticals?
• What are the growth opportunities for vendors and distributors in this market?
• What are the best practices to be followed by enterprises adopting IT/OT security convergence?