DelveInsight’s, “Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) – Pipeline Insight, 2020,” report provides comprehensive insights about 8+ companies and 8+ pipeline drugs in Generalized Anxiety Disorder pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
• Global coverage
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Understanding
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): Overview
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is characterized by persistent and excessive worry about a number of different things. People with Generalized Anxiety Disorder may anticipate disaster and may be overly concerned about money, health, family, work, or other issues. Individuals with Generalized Anxiety Disorder find it difficult to control their worry. They may worry more than seems warranted about actual events or may expect the worst even when there is no apparent reason for concern. People with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) display excessive anxiety or worry, most days for at least 6 months, about a number of things such as personal health, work, social interactions, and everyday routine life circumstances. The fear and anxiety can cause significant problems in areas of their life, such as social interactions, school, and work.
• Generalized anxiety disorder symptoms include:
• Feeling restless, wound-up, or on-edge
• Being easily fatigued
• Having difficulty concentrating; mind going blank
• Being irritable
• Having muscle tension
• Difficulty controlling feelings of worry
• Having sleep problems, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, restlessness, or unsatisfying sleep
Generalized Anxiety Disorder is diagnosed with a mental health screening that a primary care provider can perform. They will ask questions about symptoms and how long the patient have had them. They can refer the patients to a mental health specialist, such as a psychologist or psychiatrist. If the primary care provider suspects that a medical condition or substance abuse problem is causing anxiety, they may perform more tests. These may include:
• blood tests, to check hormone levels that may indicate a thyroid disorder
• urine tests, to check for substance abuse
• gastric reflux tests, such as an X-ray of your digestive system or an endoscopy procedure to look at your esophagus, to check for GERD
• X-rays and stress tests, to check for heart conditions
Treatment for Generalized Anxiety Disorder most often includes a combination of medication and cognitive behavioral therapy.
• Cognitive behavioral therapy: People being treated for anxiety disorders often take part in this type of therapy, in which they learn to recognize and change thought patterns and behaviors that lead to anxious feelings.
• Medications: These aren’t a cure, but they can help ease symptoms. The drugs most often used to treat GAD in the short term (since they can be addictive, are sedating, and can interfere with memory and attention) are from a group of drugs called benzodiazepines.
o Common benzodiazepines include alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide Hcl (Librium), diazepam (Valium), and lorazepam (Ativan).
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Generalized Anxiety Disorder report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Emerging Drugs
• Vilazodone: AbbVie; Allergan; m8 Pharmaceuticals
Vilazodone is a novel antidepressant having a selective serotonin (5-HT) reuptake inhibitor and 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist profile, so it has been regarded as a serotonin partial agonist-reuptake inhibitor (SPARI). Vilazodone has been speculated to have three potential benefits including faster onset of action, greater efficacy, and better tolerability owning to its SPARI properties.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Generalized Anxiety Disorder drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
• Major Players in Generalized Anxiety Disorder
There are approx. 8+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The companies which have their Generalized Anxiety Disorder drug candidates in the mid to advanced stage, i.e. phase III and Phase II include, AbbVie, Allergan, m8 Pharmaceuticals etc.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 8+ products under different phases of clinical development like
• Mid-stage products (Phase II and Phase I/II)
• Early-stage products (Phase I/II and Phase I) along with the details of
• Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
• Discontinued & Inactive candidates
• Route of Administration
Generalized Anxiety Disorder pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
• Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
• Small molecules
• Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Generalized Anxiety Disorder therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Generalized Anxiety Disorder drugs.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Generalized Anxiety Disorder R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Report Insights
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder Pipeline Analysis
• Therapeutic Assessment
• Unmet Needs
• Impact of Drugs
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Report Assessment
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Therapeutic Assessment
• Pipeline Assessment
• Inactive drugs assessment
• Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
• How many companies are developing Generalized Anxiety Disorder drugs?
• How many Generalized Anxiety Disorder drugs are developed by each company?
• How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Generalized Anxiety Disorder therapeutics?
• What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
• m8 Pharmaceuticals
• OWP Pharmaceuticals
• Duloxetine oral suspension