Canada Smoking Tobacco, 2019
Canada Smoking Tobacco, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Finish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2029.
The Canadian market for tobacco has seen a steady decline over recent years, brought in by duties, health awareness and government legislation. Cigarettes continue to dominate the market at 93.1% in 2019, with smoking tobacco accounting for a small 3.4% of volumes in 2019. Since 2009, the overall market for smoking tobacco has fallen by 43.4% since 2009 to 880 tons. This trend will continue throughout the 2020's.
- The overall smoking tobacco market in Canada fallen to 26,243 in 2019. This is down from 29,780 in 2009.
- Retail prices of smoking tobacco have seen an increase as tax rates have been raised in Canada.
- Russia is the largest source of imports for tobacco, accounting for 82.5% of all imports.
- The market is dominated by 3 suppliers: Rothmans, Benson and Hedges (RBH), and Imperial Tobacco Canada, and JTI. RBH is the market leader with 57% of market volumes.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.