University of British Columbia (UBC) is a research institute that offers educational services. The university provides undergraduate, graduate educational programs, and research programs through its schools and faculties. It provides cultural, recreational and social activities for its students. UBC offers educational services through programs such a professional programs, English language pathways, joint academic programs, exchange programs, co-operative education, innovative learning initiatives and distance education programs. The university serves adult education needs of lifelong learners by providing educational programs in UBC’s Point Grey campus. It operates through peer institutions, government, non-profit and other industries for its research activities. The university operates in two campuses namely, Vancouver Campus and Okanagan Campus. UBC is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
University of British Columbia - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile provides you comprehensive data and trend analysis of the company's Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), partnerships and financings. The report provides detailed information on Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnership transactions recorded by the company over a five year period. The report offers detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value categorized into deal types, sub-sector and regions.
GlobalData derived the data presented in this report from proprietary in-house Pharma eTrack deals database, and primary and secondary research.
- Financial Deals - Analysis of the company's financial deals including Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnerships.
- Deals by Year - Chart and table displaying information encompassing the number of deals and value reported by the company by year, for a five year period.
- Deals by Type - Chart and table depicting information including the number of deals and value reported by the company by type such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offering etc.
- Deals by Region - Chart and table presenting information on the number of deals and value reported by the company by region, which includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South and Central America.
- Deals by Sub-sector - Chart and table showing information on the number of deals and value reported by the company, by sub-sector.
- Major Deals - Information on the company's major financial deals. Each such deal has a brief summary, deal type, deal rationale; and deal financials and target Company’s (major public companies) key financial metrics and ratios.
- Business Description - A brief description of the company's operations.
- Key Employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Important Locations and Subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key centers of operation and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key Competitors - A list of the key competitors of the company.
- Key Recent Developments - A brief on recent news about the company.
Reasons to Buy
Get detailed information on the company's financial deals that enable you to understand the company's expansion/divestiture and fund requirements
- The profile enables you to analyze the company's financial deals by region, by year, by business segments and by type, for a five year period.
Understand the company's business segments' expansion / divestiture strategy
- The profile presents deals from the company's core business segments' perspective to help you understand its corporate strategy.
Access elaborate information on the company's recent financial deals that enable you to understand the key deals which have shaped the company
- Detailed information on major recent deals includes a summary of each deal, deal type, deal rationale, deal financials and Target Company's key financial metrics and ratios.
Equip yourself with detailed information about the company’s operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and key competitors.
Stay up-to-date on the major developments affecting the company
- Recent developments concerning the company presented in the profile help you track important events.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research
- Key elements such as break up of deals into categories and information on detailed major deals are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Year, 2012 to YTD 2018 6
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Deals By Type, 2012 to YTD 2018 7
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Region, 2012 to YTD 2018 8
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Therapy Area, 2012 to YTD 2018 9
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals Summary, 2012 to YTD 2018 10
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deal Details 12
ProtoKinetix Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 12
AXIM Biotech Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 13
Replicel Life Sciences Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 14
Ritter Pharma Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 15
TxCell Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 16
ProtoKinetix Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 17
Sirona Biochem Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 18
Qu Biologics Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 19
InMed Pharma Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 20
Biommune Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 21
University of British Columbia Enters Into Agreement With Sichuan BoXin LaiTe Biotechnology And Heracles International Investment 22
Licensing Agreements 23
Commense Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia 23
Roche Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia and Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute 24
BirchBioMed Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia 25
Cyon Therapeutics Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia 26
Cangene Enters Into Licensing Agreement With University of British Columbia 27
University of British Columbia - Key Competitors 28
University of British Columbia - Key Employees 29
University of British Columbia - Locations And Subsidiaries 30
Head Office 30
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 30
Recent Developments 32
Corporate Communications 32
Feb 19, 2018: UBC Board of Governors elects Michael Korenberg as new chair, Sandra Cawley, new vice-chair 32
Government and Public Interest 33
Feb 19, 2018: Government of Canada and Brain Canada announce a $10-million grant to establish a platform that will help researchers share data more widely and efficiently 33
Dec 20, 2017: A repurposed drug could open door to more stem cell transplants 35
Oct 03, 2017: Avon Foundation for Women (Canada) funds new breast cancer recovery trial in partnership with two Canadian universities 36
Sep 12, 2017: Alzheimer Society Research Program provides $3.4 million boost to dementia research 37
Aug 30, 2017: Tracing single brain cancer cells simplifies complexity of incurable brain cancers, suggesting new treatments, international study finds 38
Jul 28, 2017: UBC researchers working to engineer 'tunable' insulin production 40
Apr 24, 2017: MSFHR Funded Research Suggests Existence Of Pre-Clinical MS Symptoms 41
Feb 07, 2017: JDRF & Lilly Canada fund UBC research that could allow people with type 1 diabetes to produce their own insulin 42
Product News 43
Oct 26, 2017: Vanderbilt leads international effort to develop universal flu vaccine 43
Jan 18, 2018: Potential new diabetes treatment being tested in Vancouver 44
Clinical Trials 45
Feb 21, 2017: OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals Announces Phase 2 Apatorsen Data for Two Clinical Trials Presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium 45
Other Significant Developments 46
Feb 09, 2018: $105-million investment to make prescription medications more affordable for families 46
Jan 23, 2018: Government of Canada announces support to help reduce HIV in British Columbia 47
Oct 26, 2017: The Human Vaccines Project Launches New Initiative To Accelerate Development Of Universally Effective Influenza Vaccines 49
Oct 17, 2017: Scientific Update for Diabetes, Kidney Ischemia, Liver Perfusion, Retinal Cell Replacement, Monoclonal Antibody Production and Immune Cell Cryopreservation Recovery 50
Oct 13, 2017: Putting new tools in the hands of leading Canadian scientists 52
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54