University of British Columbia (UBC) is a research institute that offers educational services. The university provides undergraduate, graduate educational programs, and research programs through its schools and faculties. It provides cultural, recreational and social activities for its students. UBC offers educational services through programs such a professional programs, English language pathways, joint academic programs, exchange programs, co-operative education, innovative learning initiatives and distance education programs. The university serves adult education needs of lifelong learners by providing educational programs in UBCâs Point Grey campus. It operates through peer institutions, government, non-profit and other industries for its research activities. The university operates in two campuses namely, Vancouver Campus and Okanagan Campus. UBC is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
University of British Columbia - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile provides you comprehensive data and trend analysis of the company's Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), partnerships and financings. The report provides detailed information on Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnership transactions recorded by the company over a five year period. The report offers detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value categorized into deal types, sub-sector and regions.
GlobalData derived the data presented in this report from proprietary in-house Pharma eTrack deals database, and primary and secondary research.
- Financial Deals - Analysis of the company's financial deals including Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnerships.
- Deals by Year - Chart and table displaying information encompassing the number of deals and value reported by the company by year, for a five year period.
- Deals by Type - Chart and table depicting information including the number of deals and value reported by the company by type such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offering etc.
- Deals by Region - Chart and table presenting information on the number of deals and value reported by the company by region, which includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South and Central America.
- Deals by Sub-sector - Chart and table showing information on the number of deals and value reported by the company, by sub-sector.
- Major Deals - Information on the company's major financial deals. Each such deal has a brief summary, deal type, deal rationale; and deal financials and target Companyâs (major public companies) key financial metrics and ratios.
- Business Description - A brief description of the company's operations.
- Key Employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Important Locations and Subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key centers of operation and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key Competitors - A list of the key competitors of the company.
- Key Recent Developments - A brief on recent news about the company.
Reasons to Buy
Get detailed information on the company's financial deals that enable you to understand the company's expansion/divestiture and fund requirements
- The profile enables you to analyze the company's financial deals by region, by year, by business segments and by type, for a five year period.
Understand the company's business segments' expansion / divestiture strategy
- The profile presents deals from the company's core business segments' perspective to help you understand its corporate strategy.
Access elaborate information on the company's recent financial deals that enable you to understand the key deals which have shaped the company
- Detailed information on major recent deals includes a summary of each deal, deal type, deal rationale, deal financials and Target Company's key financial metrics and ratios.
Equip yourself with detailed information about the companyâs operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and key competitors.
Stay up-to-date on the major developments affecting the company
- Recent developments concerning the company presented in the profile help you track important events.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research
- Key elements such as break up of deals into categories and information on detailed major deals are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 6
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 7
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Region, 2011 to YTD 2017 8
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Therapy Area, 2011 to YTD 2017 9
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals Summary, 2011 to YTD 2017 10
University of British Columbia, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deal Details 12
AXIM Biotech Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 12
Replicel Life Sciences Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 13
Ritter Pharma Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 14
TxCell Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 15
ProtoKinetix Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 16
Sirona Biochem Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 17
Qu Biologics Enters into Research Agreement with University of British Columbia 18
InMed Pharma Enters into Agreement with University of British Columbia 19
University of British Columbia Enters Into Agreement With Sichuan BoXin LaiTe Biotechnology And Heracles International Investment 20
Cangene Enters Into Research Agreement With University Of British Columbia 21
AlCana Extends Co-Development Agreement With UBC And Alnylam 22
CDRD Enters Into Co-Development Agreement With NGDI-UBC 23
Licensing Agreements 24
Roche Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia and Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute 24
BirchBioMed Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia 25
Cyon Therapeutics Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia 26
Cangene Enters Into Licensing Agreement With University of British Columbia 27
Advanced Inhalation Therapies Enters into Licensing Agreement with University of British Columbia 28
University of British Columbia - Key Competitors 29
University of British Columbia - Key Employees 30
University of British Columbia - Locations And Subsidiaries 31
Head Office 31
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 31
Recent Developments 33
Government and Public Interest 33
Oct 03, 2017: Avon Foundation for Women (Canada) funds new breast cancer recovery trial in partnership with two Canadian universities 33
Sep 12, 2017: Alzheimer Society Research Program provides $3.4 million boost to dementia research 34
Jul 28, 2017: UBC researchers working to engineer 'tunable' insulin production 35
Nov 16, 2016: Marijuana could Help Treat Drug Addiction, Mental Health 36
Jul 15, 2016: Cell research could help with heart tissue transplants 37
Jun 16, 2016: BC Childrenâs Hospital researchers discover an early warning sign of transplant rejection 38
Jun 01, 2016: UBC-Vancouver Coastal Health scientists find genetic cause of multiple sclerosis 39
May 02, 2016: Childhood asthma research receives $2 million to investigate genetic and environmental factors 41
Apr 06, 2016: Results of World's First Study on New Treatment for Heroin Addiction 42
Product News 43
Oct 26, 2017: Vanderbilt leads international effort to develop universal flu vaccine 43
Sep 28, 2016: Antibiotics developed in 1960s show promise for TB therapy 44
Sep 07, 2016: UBC and Tilray Launch Canadaâs First Clinical Trial to Study Medical Cannabis and PTSD 45
Clinical Trials 46
Oct 13, 2016: OncoGenex Announces Results from the Phase 3 ENSPIRIT Trial of Custirsen in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer 46
Oct 10, 2016: ESMO 2016: Custirsen Shows no Survival Benefits in Metastatic Prostate Cancer 47
Aug 16, 2016: OncoGenex Announced Results from the Phase 3 AFFINITY Trial of Custirsen in Men with Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer 48
Other Significant Developments 49
Oct 26, 2017: The Human Vaccines Project Launches New Initiative To Accelerate Development Of Universally Effective Influenza Vaccines 49
Oct 17, 2017: Scientific Update for Diabetes, Kidney Ischemia, Liver Perfusion, Retinal Cell Replacement, Monoclonal Antibody Production and Immune Cell Cryopreservation Recovery 50
Jun 24, 2016: Genome British Columbia Investing in Companies and Jobs Through e@UBC 52
About GlobalData 53
Contact Us 53