United Kingdom Pasta & Noodles
The UK pasta & noodles sector is led by the dried pasta category in both value and volume terms, while dried & instant noodles category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth, during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for pasta & noodles products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material, followed by rigid plastics in 2018. ‘Premier Foods plc’, ‘Napolina Limited.’ and ‘The Kraft Heinz Co’ are the leading players in the UK pasta & noodles sector. Consumption of pasta & noodles is higher among women compared to men in the UK.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Pasta & Noodles sector in the UK provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The per capita consumption of pasta & noodles was higher in the UK compared to global level in 2018
- Dried pasta was the largest category in the UK pasta & noodles sector in 2018
- Per capita consumption of dried pasta was higher in the UK when compared to the both global and regional averages
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the UK pasta & noodles sector in 2018
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the UK pasta & noodles sector
- Consumption of pasta & noodles is higher among women compared to men in the UK
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.