Thailand Prepared Meals
The Thai prepared meals sector is led by the ‘ready meals’ category in both value and volume terms. The category is also expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets are the leading channel for the distribution of prepared meals products in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector. Charoen Pokphand Group, Prantalay Marketing Co., Ltd., and S&P Syndicate Public Company Limited are the top three companies in the Thai prepared meals sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Thailand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The Thai prepared meals sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% by value during 2018-2023
- Ready meals is the largest category in both the value and volume terms in the Thai prepared meals sector
- Ready meals category is also expected to register fastest growth in both value and value terms during 2018-2023
- Hypermarkets & super markets is the largest distribution channel with a value share of 68.5%
- Charoen Pokphand Group, Prantalay Marketing Co., Ltd., and S&P Syndicate Public Company Limitedare the top three companies in the sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.