South Africa Cigarettes, 2019
Cigarettes in South Africa, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the South African cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
With a rising population, South Africa is an increasingly impotant market within the continent for the tobacco industry. Nevertheless, the introduction of tax-induced price rises as well as the ever-expanding non-duty paid market and the increasing health consciousness amongst consumers has badly affected the market and has lead to a decline in the market.
- The non-duty paid market has seen strong growth over recent years, with the contraband market account for over a third of the overall market in 2018 at 9.4 billion pieces.
- Per capita consumption have seen a large drop over the past 30 years, accounting for only 34.2% of 1990 levels.
- BATSA is the largest company in the market, with a 74% share in 2019. This is followed by JTI (9.5%) and PMI (6.5%).
- The government is making considerable effort to raise revenues and decrease smoking rates, with a rise in VAT in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.