GlobalData’s "Smart Money Investing in the Banking and Payments Industry: Tracking M&A, VC and PE Investments Globally – Q4 2016", report provides detailed analysis of investment activities in banking and payments industry globally during the fourth quarter of 2016.
The report provides comprehensive coverage of investment activities including mergers, acquisitions, asset transactions, venture financing and private equity, both in terms of deal value and volume. It also provides a global snapshot of investment trends in sectors including banking and payments, and information on best practices followed by market participants in the form of case studies.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research and analysis expertise to allow stakeholders to identify investment dynamics in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and other regions.
The report provides insights into investment activities in the banking and payments industry around the world in Q4 2016, including –
– A global snapshot of investment trends in the global banking and payments industry.
– Comprehensive coverage of deal types including mergers, acquisitions, asset transactions, venture financing and private equity.
– Detailed insights into deal activities in sectors including banking and payments.
– Information on the regional dynamics of investments in the banking and payments industry.
– The US continues to be a financial hub, and recorded the highest number of M&A deals. In Q4 2016, it registered 40 deals, accounting for 44% of total M&As.
– Venture financing deals in the banking and payments industry registered declines both in terms of value and volume in Q4 2016. While there was a decline of 11% in the amount of deals, in value terms it declined by 17% in Q4 2016 from Q3 2016.
– While most investments were concentrated in developed markets such as the US and Europe, private equity companies are increasingly investing in emerging markets. The acquisition of a stake in Vietnam-based VNPT Electronic Payment by South Korean UTC Investment, and investment in Ghana-based Innovative Microfinance by Goodwell Microfinance are key examples.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into emerging areas of investment in the banking and payments industry.
– Identify products and services that are likely to make an impact on the market.
– Gain information about key investors operating in the banking and payments industry.
– Understand the best practices followed by market participants in the form of case studies.
Bank Pekao SA
Shanghai Rural Commercial Bank Co. Ltd
Fidelity Commercial Bank Ltd
Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń SA
Polish Development Fund SA
BlueVine Capital Inc.
GC Web Ventures
China UnionPay Merchant Services Co. Ltd
VNPT Electronic Payment