Romania Prepared Meals
The Romanian prepared meals sector is led by the ready meals category in both value and volume terms in 2018, and the category is also expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets emerged as the leading distribution channel of prepared meals in the country. Rigid metal is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by flexible packaging. Sc Scandia Food S.R.L., Mandy Co., Dr. August Oetker Kg are the leading players in the sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Romania provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The per capita consumption of prepared meals was higher in Romania compared to both global and regional levels in 2018
- The spending behavior of the Romanian consumers in the prepared meals sector will remain unchanged
- The ready meals category is expected to gain share in value terms during 2018-2023
- The ready meals category is expected to gain share in volume terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of ready meals was higher in Romania when compared to the global and regional averages
- Sc scandia foods S.R.L is the leading company by value and volume in the in the Romanian prepared meals sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.