Poland Prepared Meals
The Polish prepared meals sector is led by the ready meals category in both value and volume terms in 2018. The pizza category is expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of prepared meals in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by flexible packaging and rigid metal. Unilever, The Kraft Heinz Co and U JEDRUSIA SP. Z O.O. are the leading market players in the Polish prepared meals sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Poland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The per capita consumption of prepared meals was higher in Poland compared to both global and regional levels in 2018
- Per capita consumption of ready meals was higher in Poland when compared to the other categories in the Polish prepared meals sector
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Polish prepared meals sector
- Unilever is the leading company in the Polish prepared meals sector
- Private label penetration is highest in the meal kits category
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Polish prepared meals sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of prepared meals in Poland
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.