Packaging Insights: Adapting Packaging to E-Commerce", investigates how the rise of online shopping around the world has caused companies to change their approach to product packaging.
The e-commerce channel has been one of the largest disruptions to the traditional packaging industry. The differences between the consumer and product's journeys are analyzed in greater detail to show how online packaging trends filter through social media and e-commerce marketplaces to affect consumer sentiment and convince them to purchase. The new search process, selection, comparison, evaluation, transport, and in-the-home purposes are explored, and next-step strategies suggested.
- The decision journey online has several key differences to appearances on a shelf in a brick-and-mortar store.
- This report gives key insights and recommendations for adapting packaging to browsing and searching, researching, distribution and in-the-home use as distinct from offline shopping. These include thumbnailification, social media, instagrammability, photography and video, unboxing, user reviews, sustainability, frustration-free packaging, promotions and drone delivery.
- Understand how audiences make decisions online.
- Compare the influence of e-commerce across FMCG categories, and learn what strategies to employ.
- Examine case studies of successful e-commerce campaigns.
- Investigate the future projects of key online retailers.