Novo Nordisk A/S (Novo Nordisk), a subsidiary of Novo A/S discovers, develops and manufactures innovative biological medicines. It focuses at developing drugs for treating diabetes and other serious chronic conditions including hemophilia, growth disorders and obesity. The company’s product portfolio includes new-generation insulins, modern insulins, human insulins, oral antidiabetic agents, diabetes devices and others. Novo Nordisk also offers biopharmaceuticals for treating haemostasis, human growth hormone products, hormone replacement therapy and other serious chronic diseases. With subsidiaries in Europe, North America, Asia, Latin America, Africa, Middle East and Australia, the company markets its products in several countries worldwide. Novo Nordisk is headquartered in Bagsvaerd, Denmark.
Novo Nordisk AS (NOVO B) - Medical Equipment - Deals and Alliances Profile provides you comprehensive data and trend analysis of the company's Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), partnerships and financings. The report provides detailed information on Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnership transactions recorded by the company over a five year period. The report offers detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value categorized into deal types, sub-sector and regions.
GlobalData derived the data presented in this report from proprietary in-house Medical eTrack deals database, and primary and secondary research.
- Financial Deals - Analysis of the company's financial deals including Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnerships.
- Deals by Year - Chart and table displaying information encompassing the number of deals and value reported by the company by year, for a five year period.
- Deals by Type - Chart and table depicting information including the number of deals and value reported by the company by type such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offering etc.
- Deals by Region - Chart and table presenting information on the number of deals and value reported by the company by region, which includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South and Central America.
- Deals by Sub-sector - Chart and table showing information on the number of deals and value reported by the company, by sub-sector.
- Major Deals - Information on the company's major financial deals. Each such deal has a brief summary, deal type, deal rationale; and deal financials and target Company’s (major public companies) key financial metrics and ratios.
- Business Description - A brief description of the company's operations.
- Key Employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Important Locations and Subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key centers of operation and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key Competitors - A list of the key competitors of the company.
- Key Recent Developments - A brief on recent news about the company.
Reasons to Buy
Get detailed information on the company's financial deals that enable you to understand the company's expansion/divestiture and fund requirements
- The profile enables you to analyze the company's financial deals by region, by year, by business segments and by type, for a five year period.
Understand the company's business segments' expansion / divestiture strategy
- The profile presents deals from the company's core business segments' perspective to help you understand its corporate strategy.
Access elaborate information on the company's recent financial deals that enable you to understand the key deals which have shaped the company
- Detailed information on major recent deals includes a summary of each deal, deal type, deal rationale, deal financials and Target Company's key financial metrics and ratios.
Equip yourself with detailed information about the company’s operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and key competitors.
Stay up-to-date on the major developments affecting the company
- Recent developments concerning the company presented in the profile help you track important events.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research
- Key elements such as break up of deals into categories and information on detailed major deals are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Novo Nordisk AS, Medical Equipment, Deals By Year, 2012 to YTD 2018 6
Novo Nordisk AS, Medical Equipment Deals By Type, 2012 to YTD 2018 7
Novo Nordisk AS, Medical Equipment, Deals By Region, 2012 to YTD 2018 8
Novo Nordisk AS, Medical Equipment, Deals By Market, 2012 to YTD 2018 9
Novo Nordisk AS, Medical Equipment, Deals Summary, 2012 to YTD 2018 10
Novo Nordisk AS, Medical Equipment, Deal Details 11
Venture Financing 11
Beta Bionics Raises up to USD50 Million in Series B Venture Financing 11
Roche Enters into Development Agreement with Novo Nordisk 12
Novo Nordisk Forms Partnership with Dexcom and Glooko 13
Novo Nordisk Enters into Agreement with Glooko 14
Novo Nordisk Enters into Agreement with IBM Watson Health 15
Novo Nordisk Enters into Research Agreement with Massachusetts Institute of Technology 16
BioClinica Enters Into Agreement With NNIT For Clinical Trial Management System 17
Novo Nordisk Enters Into Co-Development Agreement With Oxford University 18
Equity Offering 19
NNIT Prices IPO for USD191 Million 19
Novo Nordisk Acquires Ziylo for USD800 Million 21
Novo Nordisk AS - Key Competitors 23
Novo Nordisk AS - Key Employees 24
Novo Nordisk AS - Locations And Subsidiaries 25
Head Office 25
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 25
Recent Developments 30
Strategy And Business Planning 30
Apr 18, 2018: Sempre Health and Novo Nordisk Partner to Improve Medication Costs for Patients With Diabetes 30
Financial Announcements 31
May 02, 2018: Novo Nordisk's operating profit decreased by 8% in Danish kroner and increased by 6% in local currencies in the first three months of 2018 31
Feb 01, 2018: Novo Nordisk increased reported operating profit by 1% in 2017 to DKK 49 billion (5% growth in local currencies) 32
Nov 01, 2017: Novo Nordisk increased reported operating profit by 5% in the first nine months of 2017 33
Aug 09, 2017: Novo Nordisk increased reported operating profit by 8% in the first six months of 2017 34
May 03, 2017: Novo Nordisk increased reported operating profit by 10% in the first three months of 2017 35
Feb 02, 2017: Novo Nordisk increased adjusted operating profit by 6% in local currencies in 2016 36
Corporate Communications 37
Oct 15, 2018: Novo Nordisk appoints Ludovic Helfgott executive vice president Biopharm 37
Sep 20, 2018: Novo Nordisk to lay off 400 employees in Denmark and China 38
Aug 15, 2017: Changes in Novo Nordisk Executive Management 39
May 16, 2017: Change in composition of the Board of Directors of Novo Nordisk 40
May 16, 2017: Change in composition of the Board of Directors of Novo Nordisk 41
Mar 01, 2017: Change in Novo Nordisk Executive Management 42
Other Significant Developments 43
Aug 08, 2018: Novo Nordisk's operating profit decreased by 8% in danish kroner and increased by 4% in local currencies in the first six months of 2018 43
Sep 26, 2017: Novo Nordisk Teams Up with HITLAB to Challenge Innovators to Develop Voice-Activated Technology for Diabetes Care with $75,000 in Prizes 44
Jul 12, 2017: Novo Nordisk and Glooko advance their digital health collaboration with launch of unique integrated app for improved diabetes management 45
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46