Novo Nordisk A/S (Novo Nordisk), a subsidiary of Novo A/S discovers, develops and manufactures innovative biological medicines. It focuses at developing drugs for treating diabetes and other serious chronic conditions including hemophilia, growth disorders and obesity. The companyâs product portfolio includes new-generation insulins, modern insulins, human insulins, oral antidiabetic agents, diabetes devices and others. Novo Nordisk also offers biopharmaceuticals for treating haemostasis, human growth hormone products and hormone replacement therapy. With subsidiaries in Europe, North America, Asia, Latin America and Australia, it markets its products in several countries worldwide. Novo Nordisk is headquartered in Bagsvaerd, Denmark.
Novo Nordisk AS (NOVO B) - Medical Equipment - Deals and Alliances Profile provides you comprehensive data and trend analysis of the company's Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), partnerships and financings. The report provides detailed information on Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnership transactions recorded by the company over a five year period. The report offers detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value categorized into deal types, sub-sector and regions.
GlobalData derived the data presented in this report from proprietary in-house Medical eTrack deals database, and primary and secondary research.
- Financial Deals - Analysis of the company's financial deals including Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnerships.
- Deals by Year - Chart and table displaying information encompassing the number of deals and value reported by the company by year, for a five year period.
- Deals by Type - Chart and table depicting information including the number of deals and value reported by the company by type such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offering etc.
- Deals by Region - Chart and table presenting information on the number of deals and value reported by the company by region, which includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South and Central America.
- Deals by Sub-sector - Chart and table showing information on the number of deals and value reported by the company, by sub-sector.
- Major Deals - Information on the company's major financial deals. Each such deal has a brief summary, deal type, deal rationale; and deal financials and target Companyâs (major public companies) key financial metrics and ratios.
- Business Description - A brief description of the company's operations.
- Key Employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Important Locations and Subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key centers of operation and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key Competitors - A list of the key competitors of the company.
- Key Recent Developments - A brief on recent news about the company.
Reasons to Buy
Get detailed information on the company's financial deals that enable you to understand the company's expansion/divestiture and fund requirements
- The profile enables you to analyze the company's financial deals by region, by year, by business segments and by type, for a five year period.
Understand the company's business segments' expansion / divestiture strategy
- The profile presents deals from the company's core business segments' perspective to help you understand its corporate strategy.
Access elaborate information on the company's recent financial deals that enable you to understand the key deals which have shaped the company
- Detailed information on major recent deals includes a summary of each deal, deal type, deal rationale, deal financials and Target Company's key financial metrics and ratios.
Equip yourself with detailed information about the companyâs operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and key competitors.
Stay up-to-date on the major developments affecting the company
- Recent developments concerning the company presented in the profile help you track important events.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research
- Key elements such as break up of deals into categories and information on detailed major deals are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Novo Nordisk A/S, Medical Equipment, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 6
Novo Nordisk A/S, Medical Equipment Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 7
Novo Nordisk A/S, Medical Equipment, Deals By Region, 2011 to YTD 2017 8
Novo Nordisk A/S, Medical Equipment, Deals By Market, 2011 to YTD 2017 9
Novo Nordisk A/S, Medical Equipment, Deals Summary, 2011 to YTD 2017 10
Novo Nordisk A/S, Medical Equipment, Deal Details 12
Venture Financing 12
Ra Pharma Raises USD58.5 Million in Series B Financing 12
Cianna Medical Raises USD4 Million in Venture Financing Round 13
HTG Molecular Diagnostics Raises Funds Through Extended Series E Financing 13
Nevro Raises US$48 Million In Series C Financing 14
Ceterix Orthopaedics Raises US$19.5 Million In Series B Financing 16
Cianna Medical Secures US$12 Million In Series B Financing 17
Novo Nordisk Enters into Agreement with Glooko 18
Novo Nordisk Enters into Agreement with IBM Watson Health 18
Novo Nordisk Enters into Research Agreement with Massachusetts Institute of Technology 19
BioClinica Enters Into Agreement With NNIT For Clinical Trial Management System 20
Novo Nordisk Enters Into Co-Development Agreement With Oxford University 20
Equity Offering 21
NNIT Prices IPO for USD191 Million 21
Novo Nordisk A/S - Key Competitors 24
Key Employees 25
Locations And Subsidiaries 26
Head Office 26
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 26
Recent Developments 32
Strategy And Business Planning 32
Sep 29, 2016: Novo Nordisk announces plans to reduce workforce by approximately 1,000 employees 32
Financial Announcements 33
May 03, 2017: Novo Nordisk increased reported operating profit by 10% in the first three months of 2017 33
Feb 02, 2017: Novo Nordisk increased adjusted operating profit by 6% in local currencies in 2016 34
Oct 28, 2016: Novo Nordisk increased adjusted operating profit by 7% in local currencies in the first nine months of 2016 35
Aug 05, 2016: Novo Nordisk increased adjusted operating profit by 8% in local currencies in the first six months of 2016 36
Apr 29, 2016: Novo Nordisk increased adjusted operating profit by 10% in local currencies in the first quarter of 2016 37
Feb 03, 2016: Novo Nordisk increased operating profit by 43% in 2015 to DKK 49.4 billion 38
Corporate Communications 39
May 16, 2017: Change in composition of the Board of Directors of Novo Nordisk 39
May 16, 2017: Change in composition of the Board of Directors of Novo Nordisk 40
Mar 01, 2017: Change in Novo Nordisk Executive Management 41
Sep 01, 2016: Lars Rebien Sorensen to retire as CEO of Novo Nordisk; Lars Fruergaard Jorgensen appointed as successor 42
Feb 12, 2016: Proposed changes in composition of the Board of Directors of Novo Nordisk 43
Other Significant Developments 44
Jul 12, 2017: Novo Nordisk and Glooko advance their digital health collaboration with launch of unique integrated app for improved diabetes management 44
Aug 05, 2016: Caverion delivers a Large Project for Novo Nordiskâs new insulin production facility in Hillerod, Denmark 45
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46