Mexico Prepared Meals
The Mexican prepared meals sector is led by the ready meals category in value terms in 2018, while meal kits category is expected to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Convenience stores emerged as the leading distribution channel of prepared meals in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by flexible packaging. Sigma Alimentos S.A. de C.V., Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V., and Marindustrias SA de CV held are the leading players in the sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Mexico provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- Per capita consumption of prepared meals in Mexico was lower compared to the global level, but higher compared to regional level in 2018
- The Mexican consumers prefer value for money products in the prepared meals sector
- The meal kits category is expected to gain market share in value terms during 2018-2023
- The Meal kits category is expected to gain maximum market share in volume terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of ready meals was lower in Mexico when compared to both the global and regional averages
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Mexican prepared meals sector
- Tub is the most commonly used pack type in the Mexican prepared meals sector
- Prize off is the commonly used closure type in the Mexican prepared meals sector
- Sleeve primary outers accounted for a share of 33% in the Mexican prepared meals sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.