Japan Pasta & Noodles
The Japanese pasta & noodles sector is led by ‘dried & instant noodles’ category in value and volume terms. The category is also expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for the pasta & noodles products in the country. Flexible packaging is most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by paper & board. Nissin Food Holdings Co., Ltd, Toyo Suisan Kaisha, Ltd. and Sanyo Foods Co., Ltd. are the top three players in the sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Pasta & Noodles sector in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The Japanese pasta & noodles sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.1% by value during 2018-2023
- Dried & instant noodles is the largest category in both the value and volume terms in the Japanese pasta & noodles sector
- Dried & instant noodles category is expected to register fastest value growth at a CGAR of 2.2% during 2018-2023
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the largest distribution channel with a value share of 77.9%
- Nissin Food Holdings Co., Ltd, Toyo Suisan Kaisha, Ltd. and Sanyo Foods Co., Ltd. are the top three companies in the Japanese pasta & noodles sector
- Flexible packaging accounted for a share of 95.9% in the Japanese pasta & noodles sector
- The consumption of pasta & noodles is higher among females than males in Japan
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.