Ireland Savory Snacks
The Irish savory snacks sector is led by the potato chips category in both value and volume terms in 2018. The ethnic/traditional snacks category is expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of savory snacks in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid metal and paper & board. Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. KG, PepsiCo and O`Donnells Crisps are the leading market players in the Irish savory snacks sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Savory Snacks sector in Ireland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The per capita consumption of savory snacks was higher in Ireland compared to both the global and regional levels in 2018
- The potato chips category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of potato chips was higher in Ireland when compared to the regional and global averages
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Irish savory snacks sector
- Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. KG is the leading company by both value and volume in the Irish savory snacks sector
- Private label penetration is highest in the pretzels category
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Irish savory snacks sector
- Kids & babies account for the leading share in the consumption of savory snacks in Ireland
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.