Ireland Prepared Meals
Irish prepared meals sector is led by the ready meals category in both value and volume terms in 2018. However, the meal kits category is expected to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Boparan Holdings Limited , Dr. August Oetker Kg , and Heinz are the leading players in the sector. In terms of distribution, hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by flexible packaging and rigid metal.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Ireland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The Irish prepared meals sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.3% by value during 2018-2023
- Ready meals is the largest category in both the value and volume terms in the Irish prepared meals sector
- Meal kits category is expected to register fastest growth in value terms during 2018-2023
- Hypermarkets & super markets is the largest distribution channel with a value share of 62.2%
- Boparan Holdings Limited , Dr. August Oetker Kg , and Heinz are the top three companies in the sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.