Indonesia Prepared Meals
The Indonesian prepared meals sector is led by the ready meals category in both value and volume terms in 2018 and it is also expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution of prepared meals products in Indonesia. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by flexible packing. Pronas, Mayora Group and PT. Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk. are the leading players in the sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Indonesia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The Indonesian prepared meals sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3% by value during 2018-2023
- Ready meals is the largest category in both the value and volume terms in the Indonesian prepared meals sector
- Ready meals category is expected to register fastest growth in both value terms during 2018-2023
- Hypermarkets & super markets is the largest distribution channel with a value share of 76.1%
- Nestle SA, Pinnacle Foods, Inc., and Bellisio Foods, Inc. are the top three companies in the sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.