India Prepared Meals
The Indian prepared meals sector is led by the ready meals category both in value and volume terms in 2018.The category is expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of prepared meals products in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid metal. MTR Foods Pvt Ltd., Haldirams and Gits Food Products Pvt. Ltd. are the leading players in the sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
- The Indian prepared meals sector is expected to grow by value and volume terms during 2018-2023.
- ‘Ready meals’ is the largest category in value and volume terms in the Argentine prepared meals sector.
- ‘Ready meals’ is also expected to register the faster growth rate in value and volume terms during 2018-2023.
- ‘Hypermarkets & supermarkets’ is the largest distribution channel.
- MTR Foods Pvt Ltd., Haldirams and Gits Food Products Pvt. Ltd. are the top three companies in the Indian prepared meals sector.
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Indian prepared meals sector, followed by rigid metal and flexible packaging.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.