Home retail series: UK Homewares - Home décor and accessories, 2019-2024
The UK: Homewares - Home Décor and Accessories, 2019-2024 report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the home décor and accessories market (including forecasts up to 2024), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares and consumer data. The report focuses on the following sub-categories: pictures & frames, clocks, decorative accessories, vases & bowls, candle holders & lanterns, candles & fragrances and mirrors. Consumer data is based on our 2019 UK home décor and accessories survey, using a panel of 2,000 nationally representative consumers.
The home décor market is set to bounce back in 2019 with total growth of 2.0%, up from last year’s growth of just 0.4%. Home décor is providing consumers with an easy and affordable way to improve their homes, the latter of which being of upmost importance due to economic cautiousness and younger demographics with the highest penetration typically earning less per annum than their older counterparts.
- Home décor is less vulnerable than bigger ticket categories such as furniture in period of uncertainty
- IKEA shows resilience against the rise of discounters
- More than 1 in 3 shoppers will purchase a candle in 2019
- Home décor and accessories shoppers are willing to sacrifice quality to save money
Reasons to buy
- Discover what will drive growth in the home décor and accessories market out to 2024, to help form an effective growth strategy and target investment to high performance categories.
- Identify the factors driving growth through the general merchandise channel, and understand what this will mean for other players in the market.
- Gain a deeper understanding of what is important to home décor and accessories shoppers, allowing you to better target investment to these areas.
- Understand how penetration in the home décor and accessories market differs by demographic, allowing you to better target ranges.