Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (HE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâs businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâs key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â A detailed description of the companyâs operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â Analystâs summarization of the companyâs business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â A detailed analysis of the companyâs strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â A brief summary of the executivesâ employment history.
- Key operational heads â A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (HEI) is a holding company which operates electric utility and banking businesses. Through its subsidiaries the company produces, procures, transmits, distributes and sells electricity. It generates electricity through conventional oil-fired steam units, combustion turbines, diesel, and other combustion turbines. HEI owns overhead transmission and distribution lines, underground cables, poles, and high voltage metal towers. It also has power purchase agreements with various utilities and provides savings and loan, and other banking services. It serves Honolulu community on Oahu, Hilo and Kona on Hawaii, and Wailuku and Kahului on Maui; suburban communities; resorts; the US armed forces installations and agricultural operations. HEI is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, the US.
Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Apr 21,2017: Hawaiian Electric Companies note progress in reducing emissions, use of fossil fuel
Mar 08,2017: Hawaiian Electric Companies announce update on electricity utilization for 2016
Feb 14,2017: Hawaiian Electric Industries Announces the Retirement of Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, James A. Ajello
Feb 14,2017: Hawaiian Electric Industries Reports 2016 Year-End & Fourth Quarter Earnings
Dec 16,2016: Hawaiian Electric proposes first increase in O'ahu base rates in 6 years
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâs business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâs core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company