Derma Sciences Inc (Derma Sciences) is a medical devices company. It focuses on advanced wound care and traditional wound care. Its advanced wound care product portfolio includes dermagran, silverseal, alginate dressing, aquasite hydrogel, primacol hydrocolloid, hydrocell foam and primaderm wound cleanser. The companyâs traditional wound care products include sponges; wound dressings; packing; island and barrier border gauze; non-adherent impregnated; conforming bandages; elastic net dressings; compression bandages; protective products; tapes and laparotomy sponges. It offers solutions to acute care, extended care, home health care, wound and burn care clinics and physician offices. Derma Science markets its products through direct sales force in the US and Canada. In foreign markets, its products are marketed through various licensing and distribution agreements. It has offices, manufacturing and distribution facilities in Missouri and Texas in the US, Canada, the UK and China. Derma Sciences is headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, the US.
Derma Sciences Inc - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile provides you comprehensive data and trend analysis of the company's Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), partnerships and financings. The report provides detailed information on Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnership transactions recorded by the company over a five year period. The report offers detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value categorized into deal types, sub-sector and regions.
GlobalData derived the data presented in this report from proprietary in-house Pharma eTrack deals database, and primary and secondary research.
- Financial Deals - Analysis of the company's financial deals including Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offerings, Private Equity, Venture Financing and Partnerships.
- Deals by Year - Chart and table displaying information encompassing the number of deals and value reported by the company by year, for a five year period.
- Deals by Type - Chart and table depicting information including the number of deals and value reported by the company by type such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity/Debt Offering etc.
- Deals by Region - Chart and table presenting information on the number of deals and value reported by the company by region, which includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South and Central America.
- Deals by Sub-sector - Chart and table showing information on the number of deals and value reported by the company, by sub-sector.
- Major Deals - Information on the company's major financial deals. Each such deal has a brief summary, deal type, deal rationale; and deal financials and target Companyâs (major public companies) key financial metrics and ratios.
- Business Description - A brief description of the company's operations.
- Key Employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Important Locations and Subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key centers of operation and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key Competitors - A list of the key competitors of the company.
- Key Recent Developments - A brief on recent news about the company.
Reasons to Buy
Get detailed information on the company's financial deals that enable you to understand the company's expansion/divestiture and fund requirements
- The profile enables you to analyze the company's financial deals by region, by year, by business segments and by type, for a five year period.
Understand the company's business segments' expansion / divestiture strategy
- The profile presents deals from the company's core business segments' perspective to help you understand its corporate strategy.
Access elaborate information on the company's recent financial deals that enable you to understand the key deals which have shaped the company
- Detailed information on major recent deals includes a summary of each deal, deal type, deal rationale, deal financials and Target Company's key financial metrics and ratios.
Equip yourself with detailed information about the companyâs operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and key competitors.
Stay up-to-date on the major developments affecting the company
- Recent developments concerning the company presented in the profile help you track important events.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research
- Key elements such as break up of deals into categories and information on detailed major deals are incorporated into the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Derma Sciences Inc, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 5
Derma Sciences Inc, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 6
Derma Sciences Inc, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Region, 2011 to YTD 2017 7
Derma Sciences Inc, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Therapy Area, 2011 to YTD 2017 8
Derma Sciences Inc, Medical Devices Deals, 2011 to YTD 2017 9
Derma Sciences Inc, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals Summary, 2011 to YTD 2017 10
Derma Sciences Inc, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deal Details 11
Asset Purchase 11
Derma Sciences Acquires MEDIHONEY from Comvita 11
Derma Sciences Plans To Enter Into Agreement For DSC127 12
Licensing Agreements 13
Derma Sciences Enters Into Licensing Agreement With BioD For Amniotic Membrane Wound Care Products 13
Equity Offering 15
Derma Sciences Raises USD2.3 Million in Private Placement of Shares 15
Derma Sciences Completes Public Offering Of Shares For US$86.3 Million 16
Derma Sciences Completes Public Offering Of Shares For US$36 Million 18
Derma Sciences Completes Private Placement Of Common Stock For US$20 Million 20
Derma Sciences Completes Private Placement For US$29 Million 22
Asset Transactions 24
Dukal Acquires First Aid Division from Derma Sciences for USD12.4 Million 24
Integra LifeSciences to Acquire Derma Sciences in Tender Offer 25
Derma Sciences Acquires BioD 27
Derma Sciences Acquires 7.3% Stake In Comvita For US$7 Million 29
Derma Sciences Inc - Key Competitors 30
Derma Sciences Inc - Key Employees 31
Derma Sciences Inc - Locations And Subsidiaries 32
Head Office 32
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 32
Recent Developments 33
Financial Announcements 33
Nov 10, 2016: Derma Sciences Reports 2016 Third Quarter Financial Results 33
Aug 09, 2016: Derma Sciences Reports 2016 Second Quarter Financial Results 35
May 11, 2016: Derma Sciences Reports 2016 First Quarter Financial Results 37
Mar 16, 2016: Derma Sciences Reports 2015 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results 39
Jan 07, 2016: Derma Sciences Provides 2015 Preliminary Net Sales and Introduces 2016 Financial Guidance 41
Corporate Communications 42
Aug 18, 2016: Derma Sciences Names Russell Olsen President of Advanced Wound Care 42
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43