Consumer Electronics in Saudi Arabia
Consumer Electronics in Saudi Arabia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Saudi Arabia consumer electronics market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The Electrical and Electronics Retail market is comprised of the sales of communications equipment, computer hardware and software, consumer electronics, household appliances, and photographic equipment. Communications equipment includes retail sales only of answer machines, fax machines, fixed-line telephones, mobile phone accessories and mobile phones. Computer hardware and software includes retail sales only of desktops and laptop computers, software, memory sticks, CD packs, hard disks and other data storage devices, computer peripherals, PDAs, organizers, calculators, and satellite navigation systems. Consumer electronics includes retail sales of CD players, DVD players and recorders, hi-fi systems, home theatres, in-car entertainment systems, portable digital radios, radios, televisions and video recorders, home use and portable games consoles. Household appliances includes major domestic appliances (air conditioners, dishwashers, dryers, freezers, hobs and extractors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, stoves, vacuum cleaners and washing machines) plus minor domestic appliances (blenders, coffee machines, deep fryers, food processors, grills, hair products, hair trimmers, curling tongs, razors, hand-held mixers, irons, juicers, kettles, stand mixers, toasters, sun lamps and fans). Photographic equipment includes camcorders, cameras, projectors, camera and camcorder accessories, binoculars and telescopes. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The Saudi Arabian consumer electronics market had total revenues of $13.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The communications equipment segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $7.0bn, equivalent to 51.1% of the market's overall value.
- The improving picture for oil prices will assist the economy, and while the government is expected to increase spending to combat the decline in GDP in 2017, other measures such as indirect taxes and cuts to subsidies will continue.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the consumer electronics market in Saudi Arabia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the consumer electronics market in Saudi Arabia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key consumer electronics market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Saudi Arabia consumer electronics market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Saudi Arabia consumer electronics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Saudi Arabia consumer electronics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Saudi Arabia consumer electronics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Saudi Arabia's consumer electronics market?