Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 18
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Amazon.com, Inc. 26
Best Buy Co, Inc. 30
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited 33
Walmart Inc 37
Apple Inc 41
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. 45
Industry associations 49
Related MarketLine research 49
About MarketLine 50
Consumer Electronics in North America
Consumer Electronics in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America consumer electronics market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The Electrical and Electronics Retail market is comprised of the sales of communications equipment, computer hardware and software, consumer electronics, household appliances, and photographic equipment. Communications equipment includes retail sales only of answer machines, fax machines, fixed-line telephones, mobile phone accessories and mobile phones. Computer hardware and software includes retail sales only of desktops and laptop computers, software, memory sticks, CD packs, hard disks and other data storage devices, computer peripherals, PDAs, organizers, calculators, and satellite navigation systems. Consumer electronics includes retail sales of CD players, DVD players and recorders, hi-fi systems, home theatres, in-car entertainment systems, portable digital radios, radios, televisions and video recorders, home use and portable games consoles. Household appliances includes major domestic appliances (air conditioners, dishwashers, dryers, freezers, hobs and extractors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, stoves, vacuum cleaners and washing machines) plus minor domestic appliances (blenders, coffee machines, deep fryers, food processors, grills, hair products, hair trimmers, curling tongs, razors, hand-held mixers, irons, juicers, kettles, stand mixers, toasters, sun lamps and fans). Photographic equipment includes camcorders, cameras, projectors, camera and camcorder accessories, binoculars and telescopes. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The North American consumer electronics market had total revenues of $354.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The computer hardware & software segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $110.2bn, equivalent to 31% of the market's overall value.
- In the US the impact of slowing employment growth on consumption will be partly offset by wage growth acceleration as the labor market tightens further; unemployment as of September 2018 fell to 3.7%.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the consumer electronics market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the consumer electronics market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key consumer electronics market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America consumer electronics market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the North America consumer electronics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the North America consumer electronics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America consumer electronics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up North America's consumer electronics market?