Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 18
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Amazon.com, Inc. 26
Apple Inc 30
CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd 34
Suning Commerce Group Co Ltd 39
Macroeconomic Indicators 42
Country data 42
Industry associations 45
Related MarketLine research 45
About MarketLine 46
Consumer Electronics in Hong Kong
Consumer Electronics in Hong Kong industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Hong Kong consumer electronics market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The Electrical and Electronics Retail market is comprised of the sales of communications equipment, computer hardware and software, consumer electronics, household appliances, and photographic equipment. Communications equipment includes retail sales only of answer machines, fax machines, fixed-line telephones, mobile phone accessories and mobile phones. Computer hardware and software includes retail sales only of desktops and laptop computers, software, memory sticks, CD packs, hard disks and other data storage devices, computer peripherals, PDAs, organizers, calculators, and satellite navigation systems. Consumer electronics includes retail sales of CD players, DVD players and recorders, hi-fi systems, home theatres, in-car entertainment systems, portable digital radios, radios, televisions and video recorders, home use and portable games consoles. Household appliances includes major domestic appliances (air conditioners, dishwashers, dryers, freezers, hobs and extractors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, stoves, vacuum cleaners and washing machines) plus minor domestic appliances (blenders, coffee machines, deep fryers, food processors, grills, hair products, hair trimmers, curling tongs, razors, hand-held mixers, irons, juicers, kettles, stand mixers, toasters, sun lamps and fans). Photographic equipment includes camcorders, cameras, projectors, camera and camcorder accessories, binoculars and telescopes. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The Hong Kong consumer electronics market had total revenues of $4.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -8.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The communications equipment segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $2.3bn, equivalent to 47.8% of the market's overall value.
- High average wages have helped to support the market but have proved insufficient to stop a decline in overall value that began in 2011.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the consumer electronics market in Hong Kong
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the consumer electronics market in Hong Kong
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key consumer electronics market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Hong Kong consumer electronics market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Hong Kong consumer electronics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Hong Kong consumer electronics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Hong Kong consumer electronics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Hong Kong's consumer electronics market?