Cigarettes in South Africa, 2017
"Cigarettes in South Africa, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in South Africa.
With a population of over 54 million, South Africa is one of the most important regional cigarette markets. However, sales have for many years been badly affected by tax-induced price rises, as well as an expanding non-duty paid market and the increasing health concerns of smokers. There are currently 8.05 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 37.3% of adult male and 7.8% female smokers in 2016, or 22.3% of the adult population. The smoking prevalence has been declining in recent years. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 387 pieces a year in 2016 and is forecasted to decline to 289 pieces by 2026.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
- Market volume in 2016 was 21 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, consumers consumed an average of 387 cigarettes in 2016 or 1.1 per day.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumersâ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.