Brazil Telecom Operators - Country Intelligence Report
"Brazil Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Brazil today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total mobile subscriptions in Brazil will reach 234.9 million by year-end 2019, accounting for 32.2% of the region’s total mobile subscriptions. Over the next five years, mobile operators will add a combined 25.7 million mobile subscribers, bringing Brazil's total mobile subscriptions to 260.6 million by year-end 2024.
Total telecom and pay-TV revenue in Brazil will decline marginally at a CAGR of 0.1%, from US$35.2 billion in 2019 to US$34.9 billion in 2024. In local currency, however, revenue will increase at a CAGR of 1.9% over 2019-2024. Mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV will be the key segments driving growth of total market over the next five years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Brazil.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Mobile subscription penetration of population in Brazil will reach an estimated 111.8% by year-end 2019, slightly lower than the regional average of 113.4%.
- Smartphone subscriptions will grow from 183.4 million in 2019 to 191.7 million by 2024-end, supported by operators’ device bundled plans with discounts and other promotional schemes.
- 4G will account for a 58.8% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2019 and will remain the leading technology throughout the forecast period, with its share to reach 76.6% by 2024-end.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Brazil’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Brazil’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Brazil’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Brazil.