Australia Coal Mining to 2023
GlobalData's "Australia Coal Mining to 2023" provides a comprehensive coverage on Australia's coal industry. It provides reserves, production by type, consumption by end-use, and exports by type to 2023. The report also includes a demand drivers section providing information on factors that are affecting the coal industry in Australia, profiles of major coal producers, information on the major active, planned and exploration projects and regulations governing the industry.
After declining consecutively for two years, Australia's coal production recovered, albeit, by a marginal 0.5% to 562.0Mt in 2018. This was supported by an increase in output from Mount Arthur (1.6%), Goonyella Riverside (8.1%) and Peak Downs coal mines (5%). Further, during the nine months ending September 2019, Glencore’s coal production rose by 7.5%, mainly due to an increase in the production from the Prodeco mine owing to mine expansion and additions from the 2018 acquisition of HVO and Hail Creek. Simultaneously, Australia, by exporting 382.2Mt of coal, stood as the world’s largest exporter. Mineral resources in Australia are owned by the federal, state or territory governments, rather than private individuals.
- The report contains an overview of Australia's coal mining industry including key demand driving factors affecting the country’s coal mining industry.
- It provides detailed information on reserves, production, production by type, consumption, consumption by end-use, exports, exports by type, major operating mines, competitive landscape, major exploration and development projects.
- Further, it also provides country's fiscal regime, which covers governing bodies, relevant laws, rights and obligations as well as key taxes and royalties.
Reasons to buy
- To gain an understanding of Australia's coal mining industry, relevant driving factors
- To understand historical and forecast trend on country's coal production, consumption, and exports
- To gain an overview of Australia's mining fiscal regime
- To find out Australia's governing bodies, laws, rights and obligations and major taxes applicable in the country