STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
STMicroelectronics N.V. (ST) is a microelectronics company that designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of products for analog, digital, and mixed-signal applications. It offers standard commodity components, custom devices and semi-custom devices, application-specific integrated circuits, and application specific standard products. The company also has a presence in manufacturing value chain of smartcard products, which include the production and sale of silicon chips and Smartcards. ST uses function-oriented process technologies to produce products. It serves sense and power, and automotive products and embedded processing applications in Singapore, the Netherlands, the US, Japan, France, Italy, and other countries. The company has front-end facilities in France, Italy, and Singapore; and back-end facilities in Malaysia, Malta, Singapore, Morocco, China, and the Philippines. ST is headquartered in Geneva, Genf, Switzerland.
STMicroelectronics N.V. Key Recent Developments
Apr 27,2016: STMicroelectronics Reports 2016 First Quarter Financial Results
Jan 27,2016: STMicroelectronics Reports 2015 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Facts 5
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Employees 6
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Employee Biographies 8
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Major Products and Services 9
STMicroelectronics N.V. - History 11
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 18
Section 2 – Company Analysis 19
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Business Description 19
STMicroelectronics N.V. - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Strengths 20
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Weaknesses 21
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Opportunities 22
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Threats 23
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 – Company’s Power Financial Deals and Alliances 31
STMicroelectronics N.V., Clean Technology, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 31
STMicroelectronics N.V., Clean Technology, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
STMicroelectronics N.V., Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments 34
Apr 27, 2016: STMicroelectronics Reports 2016 First Quarter Financial Results 34
Jan 27, 2016: STMicroelectronics Reports 2015 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results 36
Section 6 – Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41