STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM) is a semiconductor company. It develops, manufactures, and markets a wide range of products, including discrete and standard commodity components, full custom devices and semi-custom devices and application-specific standard products, and application-specific integrated circuits. The company also produces and sells silicon chips and smartcards. STM uses various chip fabrication technologies, including advanced FD-SOI, CMOS, embedded non-volatile memories, specialized imaging, analog and MEMS, mixed-signal, and smart power processes. It serves customers in analog, digital, and mixed-signal applications in Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Americas. The company has manufacturing sites in Italy¸ Singapore, France, Morocco, the Philippines, Malta, Malaysia, and China. STM is headquartered in Geneva, Genf, Switzerland.
STMicroelectronics N.V. Key Recent Developments
Mar 20,2018: STMicroelectronics Making Everything Smarter At IoT Asia 2018
Mar 16,2018: STMicroelectronics Connectivity Solutions For Sleeker Smart Buildings To Showcase At Light And Building 2018
Mar 14,2018: STMicroelectronics Delivers Next-Generation FlightSense Time-of-Flight Sensor with 4-Meter Range and Auto Power-Saving
Mar 13,2018: New STM32 Software Development Kit from STMicroelectronics Makes Motor-Control Design Faster and Easier
Mar 13,2018: STMicroelectronics showcases latest solutions for smart driving at AUTOMOTIVE WORLD 2018
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Facts 6
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Employees 7
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Employee Biographies 8
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Major Products and Services 9
STMicroelectronics N.V. - History 11
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Business Description 20
Business Segment: Analog MEMS and Sensors Group (AMS) 20
Business Segment: Automotive and Discrete Group (ADG) 20
Business Segment: Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group (MDG) 21
Geographical Segment: France 21
Geographical Segment: Italy 21
Geographical Segment: Japan 21
Geographical Segment: Other countries 21
Geographical Segment: Singapore 21
Geographical Segment: The Netherlands 21
Geographical Segment: USA 22
R&D Overview 22
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Corporate Strategy 23
STMicroelectronics N.V. - SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis - Overview 24
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Strengths 24
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Weaknesses 25
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Opportunities 26
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Threats 27
STMicroelectronics N.V. - Key Competitors 28
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 33
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 35
Section 4 – Company’s Lifesciences, Power Financial Deals and Alliances 36
STMicroelectronics N.V., Clean Technology, Deals By Year, 2012 to YTD 2018 36
STMicroelectronics N.V., Clean Technology, Deals By Type, 2012 to YTD 2018 37
STMicroelectronics N.V., Recent Deals Summary 38
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments 39
Mar 20, 2018: STMicroelectronics Making Everything Smarter At IoT Asia 2018 39
Mar 16, 2018: STMicroelectronics Connectivity Solutions For Sleeker Smart Buildings To Showcase At Light And Building 2018 40
Mar 14, 2018: STMicroelectronics Delivers Next-Generation FlightSense Time-of-Flight Sensor with 4-Meter Range and Auto Power-Saving 41
Mar 13, 2018: STMicroelectronics Shows Its Latest Solutions For Smart Driving And Internet Of Things At Electronica China 42
Mar 13, 2018: New STM32 Software Development Kit from STMicroelectronics Makes Motor-Control Design Faster and Easier 43
Mar 05, 2018: Velankani and STMicroelectronics collaborate on smart meters for 'Make in India' program 44
Jan 25, 2018: STMicroelectronics announces change in leadership team 45
Jan 25, 2018: STMicroelectronics Reports 2017 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results 46
Jan 25, 2018: STMicroelectronics announces change in leadership team 48
Sep 25, 2017: STMicroelectronics Selected Technical Partner of E-Distribuzione for Its New Smart-Meter Platform 49
Section 6 – Appendix 50
Ratio Definitions 50
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54